Friday, September 11, 2009

Dusk

Yet another blog post, how redundant Brad. Pardon the interruption, but seeing as in only two weeks I'll be in le Royaume d'Aklampa, sans le courant électricitie mind you, I figured I would use such modern conveniences as the internet rather liberally. That's right, just two more weeks and life as an officially licensed Peace Corps Volunteer begins. Where does the time go eh?
While model school this week seemed to start off a bit bumpy it did manage to go out rather peacefully and for that I am grateful. I do really feel that we are all making so much progress together as we near the end of our incubation period together. There is plenty of room for improvement, but isn't there always?
Tomorrow all of us TEFLers head out to Ganville, the Venice of Benin I like to call it. I'm pretty pumped for Saturdays in general, and when one throws in the novelty of visiting a stilt village in a lagoon my psyche tingles with delight. Perhaps too graphic of a description? Either way, I'm excited about it.
Tonight is a friend's birthday and all of us teachers are all getting together to fete the person right. I look forward to swapping stories of students who, unbeknownst to them, made hilarious sentences in English (par exemple; "do you mind milking the fridge?", "When I am angry I beat my sister" and "If I could fly, I would"). Kids do say the darndest things, especially when they can't speak English. If only there was a French blog to make fun of my linguistic shenanigans then this Karma circle would be complete!
In short, Du courage, as I'm so fond of saying. I'll try to look up a more local expression to share with my occidental friends next time. The sun is blood red now as it sinks over the horizon, à la prochaine.

4 comments:

  1. Hope you have fun on your visit to Granville, if you have a balck and white stipped tee shirt they may allow you to paddle the gondola or just imagine the canoe is a gondola.

    Jeanie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Grandma and Grandpa Freeman are following your blog with great interest. They just returned from the Big Easy. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What is better, lever du soleil ou coucher du soleil? Je prefere coucher :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I feel for the young ones and their problematic use of the English language. I once asked a Mexican waiter in Juarez for a "good looking male salad". I meant to say something about a small ? salad... His reaction was worth it! Aunt Deb

    ReplyDelete