Thursday, July 23, 2009

City Air

City air makes you free, as the old German expression goes, and never has a saying seemed more appropriate. Philadelphia has truly been the city of brotherly love for me these past two days as like minded people gather and exchange aspirations and anxieties for our upcoming trip.
Everyone has been amazing and exactly what I expected from Peace Corps people. I look forward to getting to know them more as our time together continues. How fitting that our last city in the States is Philadelphia, a city rich with history and culture. The second capital of the U.S. of A. for you trivia buffs out there.
To those thirsty for some knowledge I'll drop a few names for you, I'll let you wiki them though, that's the fun part anyway. Good ole' B. Frank (Benjamin Franklin), the Liberty Bell, Independence Hall, the First and Second National Bank of the United States (no relation to President Obama's policies), and many other cool things to wake up those brainwaves from the gelatinizing television programs that pass for entertainment these days.
Time is burning, as it always does, and I do believe that I require some more of that city air. I'm not sure about the air situation in Cotonou, although stay tuned for updates. As Benjamin Franklin once said, "Rock on dude," (in more or less words).

2 comments:

  1. "The Force by with you" my son. Safe journey. TJM

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brad, Loved reading your blog...safe travels..from Mike and Dianne

    ReplyDelete