Monday, July 20, 2009

East From Ann Arbor

I've decided to forgo a mission statement or any other form of structured rules to this page. Plans generally don't go along the desired path and, as has been observed before, I'm no planner, so I'll leave as much room for change and dynamism as possible.
With that being said let me shout out a collective phew for all my people out there, "Phew!" While I'm not in Africa yet it feels good to finally have pushed this crazy boulder down the slippery slope. It's been a long road to get here but hang in there, I do declare that the slope shall get more slippery before it's all said and done.
How strange to be in my peaceful suburban basement as I write these first paragraphs. Yesterday I said goodbye to my eternal city, Ann Arbor. A week ago I was in New York City. One more week prior, Saint Louis. It's a wonder my head is still attached, and I believe it still is...yup, it's there.
So now begins the, how shall we call it, process I suppose, of starting something new. They say that every new beginning comes from some other beginning's end (the first of many song quotations friends) and what an ending this has been!
Thanks to everyone who has been apart of shipping me off right these past few months. Your thoughts, company, and love has been far more than I'm worthy of. It is your love that is my most cherished possession as I start down this road, wherever it may lead, and it is with all of you in mind that I hope to do right by the world. Think of me fondly and I shall return the favor.
Sentimentality, ah how I can smell its thick scent in here! I'll not linger much longer as there is much to be done. Stay tuned for more action packed scenes from the life of a Peace Corps trainee! Will our hero succeed in making his flight on time? What awaits him on the other side of our planet? All these questions and more answered in our next installment of...HERE AND THERE! (Brought to you by our sponsors, Borders bookstore, The University of Michigan-Ann Arbor, the beautiful city of Ann Arbor, my family and friends everywhere, and these United States of America.)

Mock, out.

3 comments:

  1. Good luck, have fun, spread love, and hope to see you when you get back to AA, Brad. Love, Esther

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey!

    I am so excited (and envious) of you. I wish you much blessing and that you are led to change the world in a good way as you so want to.

    Deb Mock

    ReplyDelete